Mowing the Lawn

This is what I should be doing. There is a whole lot I should be doing. I have umpteen things on my to-do list. And yet, here I sit, on my man chair, watching TV yet again.
It's Sunday. the weather outside is bright and clear, with a perfect temperature of 70-something. But I am hiding indoors.
The sun is so bright, and I can still feel the sunburn on my face from my long drive yesterday to South Carolina and back. Seems I did not use enough sunscreen.
The sickeningly thick yellow pollen of the Piedmont of North Carolina coats everything, and my allergies are going mad. I'm on a Fexophenadine and two benadryls, and this is keeping the sneezing and itching eyes from becoming unbearable.
And so I sit indoors once again, waiting to feel ready to go out and do something with the myself.
I feel guilty to be "wasting" this beautiful day, like I always do. But does this guilt move me off my butt and into action? No.
I will go when I feel like going; all I wish is not to feel guilty. It would be nice to turn that off.
Siona doesn't seem to mind at all, as she turns to look back at me and my clickitty-clacking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another