Returning To Honolulu

-
I look on my return as a tiresome ordeal, something to be endured, rather than enjoyed.
I have had such a marvelous time, and I don't want to leave this, for fear it will be "discontinued".
This has felt more like home than ever did my unfortunate place atop the sad slopes of the Ko'olaus.
And so it is: back to the land of the kama 'aina, the short jean shorts, the bowed legs, the bad food, the stupid drivers, the anti-haole attitude, the lack of logic and hard work, the lack of understanding of anything but that selfish little enclave of unreality deep in the middle of the huge, uncaring ocean
- and so I return, as sad to leave here as I was when I left there, but for entirely different reasons.
Sigh.
I shall remember this place, and vow to renew my solemn relationship with the reality I have rediscovered. May it warm me as I suffer the cruelly ironic chill of that increasingly despised guilded prison of sun and palm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another