2002 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF

First, An Observation On Options:

I don't like fancy options like power windows or cruise control. I think they are nice and all, but not for a vehicle I own. If I am driving a rental car, then, I always take advantage of the extra features it may have, but in the long run, I don't want to have to go through the pain in the ass it is going to be when these things break down and start costing me time, money and agravation.

Besides, what the heck is wrong with rolling the damned windows down yourself? Since when have we become so lazy as to balk at the mere thought of reaching over and working for some ventilation. And do I really need to save the muscle strain of pressing a gas pedal? I suppose if I lived on the mainland and drove for fifteen hour stretches, I might come to need that little added bonus, but on this tiny island, a fifteen hour trip would take me around the entire area two or three times, most of it sitting still in traffic, where cruise control would not be an option. Perhaps for this type of driving they should have break control.

I figure these added options are just more things that are going to shit the bed. I'd rather keep it simple and use a muscle or two now and again.

So my wife and I bought a 2002 VW Golf. It seems pretty decent. It only has five and a half thousand miles on it! It is the newest car I have ever owned. Indigo blue, it is a sad departure from our preferred silver. But beggars can't be choosers; and with an eighteen mile stretch between us and our jobs, the busted transmission on the 1993 Jetta forced us into this unwanted role.
So, yay, we have a new car. !
I'm still in sticker shock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another