GRNSTRGLITTFSSTTDDD!
Hit by a plethora of whammies, I reel like a boxer knocked upside the head.
Wife struggling, sister in unbelievable pain, brother on the verge of homelessness!
And in this atmosphere of utter uncertainty and despair, I suffer through the following exchange:
"hello, I am calling to find out how to sign up for the prelim. Do you have to sign up to take the exam?"
-"No, you don't need to sign up."
"Oh, really?"
-"No."
"Ok, so I just come in and take it?"
-"Oh, no, you can't take it until next year."
"Really, why is that?"
-"Well, you have to fill out a form - but the deadline is passed, so you can't take the exam."
'o' 'o' 'o' 'o'
Now, forgive me for sounding elitist or condescending, but isn't signing up for a thing, the same as filling out a form before a deadline? Am I retarded or is she? What the fuck planet do I live on? When did I exit reality, only to wake up and find myself living amongst the moron-people?
How am I supposed to know that there is a "form" to be filled out to begin with? I was never told of any form, nor was I told of a deadline!
-"Um,there is something posted on one of the bulletin boards, I think."
Oh, so now I'm the asshole!? I should have studied the umpteen frickin bulletin boards full of no-smoking ads, warnings and threats to visually pan-sift for this wee nugget of information?!
Why do I have email? Why is there a mail box in my name in the student lounge? Why did I give the department my home address? So I could trek in daily to scan the boards for the latest insult to my intelligence?
I live in the most infuriating place imaginable! Efficiency, professionalism, competence, intelligence, an understanding of the world, hell, even simple logic! -All these are unknown here! I even suspect they would go so far as to say these most basic of concepts are "mainland-think" - and god knows the "mainland" is pure evil.
Now I truly understand what my dad meant by "not knowing whether to shit or go blind!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another