Freedom

The latest round of events has me at a crossroads. I am different from the majority, and this fact is very troubling, since, in my view, the majority is heading towards irrationality on a grand scale. The events by which we measure our current history compared to our "blissful" and "decadent" past have altered the popular thought and made it reactionary and fear-based. The rage which provides fuel for current actions and opinions is most troubling of all in that the weapons of this rage are so much more serious than in previous epochs.

As ever, I fear that we have disinherited our place in the grander scheme, and we are doing everything to seal our fates with those of our saurian predecessors. I suppose the only thing to do now is fret uselessly, biology taunting us to the bitter end.

Or perhaps I could join the growing theocracy and, through its opiation, obviate my own consciousness? Sorry, this is as yet impossible.
"Joining"is anathemic to my paradoxical nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another