WHOOSH!!!!!!

--
In this modern age of commuting through ridiculous traffic, shopping at warehouse stores, worrying over the economy, trying to build a "career" (whatever the hell THAT is), and managing domestic responsibilities, time has become a scarce commodity.
There was once a time when an hour seemed like a day, a day seemed like a week and a week was an entire month. Now, it all screams by unnoticed. (in spite of the screaming)
Must get here...
Must get there...
As soon as this is over, I'll...
Next on....
!!!!!
I never used to understand when the old people I drove around in a wheelchair van said that "once you turn 21 - WHOOSH!! - it's all a blur!" I think I understand now.
I am sitting on the edge of a beautiful summer in Hawaii. I have afternoons off! The world lies before me waiting to be seen, to be experienced!
I can't.
I have staff meetings; then I have to work out so that I can get rid of the stress-cheeseburgers I gorged myself on all semester; after this, I have homework to correct, shopping to do, commuting home, tending to the pupps, prelims, dinner, laundry, cleaning, PRELIMS!!!!!!!!!
But isn't it strange how much time there always is for the damned TV?
I hate that thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another