Hallowe'en in Paradise

It's time for my favorite season, month and holiday! In Boston.
The days get shorter, the air gets that crispness that bites at your cheeks, and the smell of wood-burning stoves permeates the atmosphere.
But here, it looks the same, smells the same - is the same. All year. The temperature drops three degrees, the day gets shorter by twenty minutes, and the air is permeated with the sweet perfume of the many flowers growing everywhere.
I haven't decorated my house or even gotten into the feeling of the season. I have lost the habit.
This year will pass as so many before in this tropical paradise: with little change and constant, unremitting beauty.
At least November won't suck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle-Aged Man and Dr. Martens: A Love-Hate Story

My Experience Owning Two Scottish Terriers

Rage against One Machine by Way of Another